Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
We are seeking a Full Time Permanent Maintenance Worker to join our Facilities Team. The start date is asap.
• General and detailed building maintenance of all Collingwood School properties
• Minor HVAC, carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs
• Interior/exterior painting of Collingwood School properties
• Event set up duties for both small and large functions
• Moving and assembly of furnishings
• Assistance in school traffic control services
• Snow and ice removal from all school properties
• Responding to emergency maintenance requests as required
• Responding to radio calls as required
• Other reasonable requests or directions from either the Head of Buildings and Grounds or school management
• British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent)
• Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in a building maintenance setting (preferably in an Educational, Institutional or Hospitality setting)
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Flexibility to work overtime and weekends if required
• Familiarity with a wide range of tools
• Must possess strong English verbal and written skills
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all climates
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by January 31, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the words “Maintenance Worker” in your email Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.