Educational Assistant- Primary Years Programme - Junior School
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
PRIMARY YEARS EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT, JUNIOR SCHOOL (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of Educational Assistant, Primary Years Programme - Junior School. This position will commence September 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide educational and functional support to students with specific learning needs.
• Support Learning Strategies teachers in the implementation of specific accommodations outlined in Individual Education Plans (IEPs), which includes push in and push out support, particularly in literacy and numeracy.
• Support teachers in the implementation of learning strategies to meet the needs of all students.
• Participate in the implementation of the educational, emotional, social and physical programs for students.
• Work with the Learning Strategies Teachers and the School Counselor to develop supportive and caring relationships with students which promote self-advocacy and a view of themselves as capable.
• Take on supervision duties as needed within the Junior School.
• Experience or qualifications in Special Education such a certificate in a Special Education Assistant program, including a successful supervised practicum component at an Elementary School
• Ability to work effectively with a full range of students’ academic, social and emotional developmental learning needs, including students with special needs, utilizing specific skills and training
• A background with or strong understanding of early literacy and interventions is considered an asset.
• Ability to provide intellectual, behaviour and functional support at K - 7 levels.
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Must enjoy a challenging and demanding workload
• Fair, gentle, patient, caring and consistent
• Able to develop and maintain rapport with students in resolving problems or conflicts that may arise.
• Able to interact positively, co-operatively and professionally with students, faculty and administration
• A good working knowledge and application of standard computer programs, with experience or desire to work in a technology rich environment
• Experience in independent schools is an asset
• Knowledge of the IB PYP or MYP an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online (Step 1) and complete the TeacherInsight Assessment (Step 2) by February 28, 2018.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.