Education Assistant, Junior School
Exciting Opportunity for an Extraordinary Education Assistant
Education Assistant, Junior School
Full-time Contract September - June
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by a belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning community - including you.
Crofton House School is seeking one experienced education assistant to work with teachers in the Grade 5 classrooms. You will be part of a collaborative teaching team supporting the positive growth and development of young girls in the Junior School. Fulfill your vision as an education assistant by joining this dynamic school community with motivated students, abundant resources, enriching professional development opportunities, inspirational colleagues and supportive parents. Teaching and learning are guided and enhanced by the principles of a student-centred, collaborative approach with an inquiry-based focus to deepen learning for young students.
Please note that due to COVID-19 and the K-12 BC Education Restart Plan, this role will vary and expand. At the core of the position is the Grade 5 Education Assistant role. However, in Stage 3 of the BC Education Restart Plan, the role will include Essential Service Worker Childcare Support and in Stage 2, the role will include being part of the After School Care Program.
- Assist the Grade 5 teachers in performing specific tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in providing individual and small group instruction
- Support individual children as required
- Prepare instructional materials and classroom visual displays
- Work in collaboration with teachers to organize enriching programs
- Supervise children at lunch and at play outside
- Support the after-school program
- Oversee childcare for essential service workers
- Education Assistant Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience an asset
- Awareness of the learning styles of girls and young women
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and innovative in approaching challenge
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
Employment and Application Details:
The appointment is effective August 31, 2020. We offer competitive compensation and generous support for professional and educational development.
Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications as soon as they are received. Posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
For more information, please visit www.croftonhouse.ca/careers
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.