Education Assistant - Grade 10
Education Assistant for Grade 10 Student
2018-2019 School Year
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of junior kindergarten to grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by our belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning environment – including you.
Crofton House School is seeking an Education Assistant for a Grade 10 student. This position requires specialized training in order to support the ongoing safety and academic success in a secondary school setting. The successful candidate will accompany one student through her school day, monitoring her learning and, in particular, her use of technology, and communicating her progress to other support individuals (Learning Strategists, counsellors, tutors and parents).
- Provide one-on-one supervision of a Grade 10 student throughout the school day including lunch and breaks
- Provide learning support as required during classroom periods according to student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Collaborate with classroom teachers in order to understand expectations for learning and student responsibility
- Monitor use of technology and be responsible for laptop and cell phone when not required for learning
- Collaborate with other support individuals who are working with this student (Learning Strategists, Counsellors, Tutors) in order to support student learning outside of the classroom
- Accompany student to before- and/or after-school co-curricular activities in order to support her engagement in these activities
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes:
- Completion of a secondary school diploma (eg. British Columbia Ministry of Education Dogwood Diploma)
- Completion of a recognized Post-Secondary Special Education Assistant program, or a Degree/Diploma in a related field from a recognized institution, and/or extensive experience in an equivalent field
- Ability to provide intellectual, behaviour and functional support at a secondary Level
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators and counsellors
- Basic understanding of computer technology including Google Suite applications
- A kind and understanding nature
- A professional interested in supporting the academic success of an adolescent girl
Employment and Application Details:
Work hours are from 8:00 am to 3:30 or 5:00 pm (depending on student involvement in cocurricular activities), from Monday – Friday for all days school is in session. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada. Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications as soon as they are received. Posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.