Early Childhood Educator
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers and educators who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking qualified Early Childhood Educators to join our kindergarten classes at our Wentworth campus (Grades JK-7). The successful candidate is a flexible, dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This position is Full Time and will start late August 2019.
• Work in partnership with a kindergarten teacher in class and work closely with both SK and JK teams
• Lead provocations in class and work on documentation
• Help to deliver the BC curriculum
• Attend Pro D opportunities
• Team teach
• Support children one on one and in small groups
• Take on minimal School Age Care responsibilities and recess coverage as required
• ECE Diploma
• Minimum 1 year of ECE experience
• Familiar with the Reggio approach to education, an asset
• Demonstrated oral, written, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by March 4th, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions about this posting please email: email@example.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.