Director, Marketing & Communications
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Director, Marketing & Communications
Reporting to the Deputy Head of School, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the planning, development and execution of GNS marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position will take ownership of creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive program that aligns with the School’s mission, vision and strategic priorities. The Director will lead and inspire a small team charged with promoting and celebrating our vibrant school community, helping to drive mission appropriate applications, fostering a sense of pride and commitment to philanthropy, and securing our place as a leading IB continuum school in Canada.
• Plans and implements an integrated marketing and communications strategy using multiple media platforms in a creative and impactful manner, in consultation with key stakeholders.
• Develops and executes an annual calendar at the tactical level, for all digital and print marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities.
• Measures the impact of various marketing and communications activities and initiatives, and adjusts effort using metrics and analytics.
• Coordinates and integrates the marketing, communications, and public relations efforts for the Head’s office, Admissions and Advancement departments.
• Assists Management with the development and implementation of special projects, fundraising initiatives and other activities as it relates to marketing and communications at the local, national and international level.
• Ensures quality execution of all marketing, communications, and public relations activities and materials, including printed publications, digital and web-based communication, and media relations.
• Oversees the development and implementation of all support materials, digital and print, for school departments as it relates to marketing and communications.
• Acts as a steward for the GNS brand, ensuring that all departments maintain a consistent use of the school’s visual identity and key messages.
• Reviews the editorial direction, design, and production of all non-student based School publications, and provides strategy for their distribution.
• Creates earned media interest in the School and maintains regular contact with target media, school associations, and corresponding school directories.
• Keeps informed of the latest innovations in the fields of marketing and communications.
• Other duties as necessary to support the marketing and communications efforts of GNS.
Education / Experience:
• MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing (consideration may also be given to experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related fields)
• 5-7 years of progressive brand marketing (Communications and/or Public Relations experience will also be considered)
• 5 years of people leadership experience, preferred
• Experience with marketing models, marketing/communications strategy development and execution
• Experience in K-12 or post secondary education, an asset
• Must be highly motivated and results driven with a leadership and interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people
• Demonstrated ability in the design and production of promotional materials for digital and print marketing and communications
• Strong work ethic, including a high degree of accountability, integrity and passion for the job
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a flair for developing outstanding marketing presentations and plans
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills to manage time sensitive & often complex priorities
• Excellent customer relations and appropriate judgment to preserve, enhance and promote the image of GNS as a whole
• Strong knowledge of cutting-edge digital marketing and communications and measuring its effectiveness
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/director-marketing-communications?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, May 10th at 12:00pm.
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.