Coordinator for Mulgrave Youth Centre for Entrepreneurs
Temporary Part Time
(February - June Up to 30 hours per week)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Centre Coordinator role will be responsible for overseeing and supervising Mulgrave’s Youth Centre for Entrepreneurs and Changemakers. The role will also include organizing and coordinating programming for the Centre, event arrangement and student mentorship.
The focus of the Centre is to provide training, guidance and support to students who have an interest in social and business entrepreneurialism. The Centre is designed to help student entrepreneurs be successful.
This is a pilot project and the contract will be subject to renewal after the February-June trial period.
- Candidates will be expected to have:
- Completed or in the process of completing a degree in business or entrepreneurship
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- An ability to motivate and inspire teachers, parents and students
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills
- An understanding of information technology systems that support collaboration, networking, and project creation and iteration
- Proficiency interacting with and using digital technologies. Internet, technology and social media savvy
- Valid Driver’s license and own personal vehicle
- Police/VSS clearance to work with young people
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Passion for ensuring that students, faculty and staff have the best entrepreneurial resources available to them
- Relationship building and networking skills
- The ability to establish rapport and build trusting relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- Ability to take a project-based approach; independently plan, organize and prioritize and coordinate tasks to achieve goals in a timely and efficient manner
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
The salary for this role will be up to $30.00/hour depending on the candidate’s skills and experience.
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by February 24, 2019. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.