Position Rationale and Goal:
Stratford Hall is looking at adding a controller to their finance department. This position will be largely involved with financial reporting, financial processes, management and administrative support. The controller will also be involved with implementation and transition to a new accounting system (as part of an integrated school software package). This is a hands-on position that will require direct involvement with accounting details as well as higher level analysis and reporting.
Ideal Candidate Profile and Qualifications:
Qualifications should include:
- CPA designation (preferably designated for at least 5 years)
- At least 10 years’ experience in full cycle accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience managing staff
- Experience with payroll, benefits and human resources would be an asset
- Experience with Simply Accounting would be an asset
- Experience with systems implementation would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of Excel
For this position, the ideal candidate will have the skills and attributes:
- Self-motivated, self-directed and disposed to taking initiative
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship building
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills including the ability to prioritize
- Ability to think creatively in all aspects of the role
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Applications should be addressed to the Director of Finance & Operations, and emailed to Olivia Law at email@example.com. Please note that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, complete applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating why you believe you are a great fit for this role in terms of training, experience and character;
- An up-to-date CV/resumé;
- Contact details of at least three references (preferably those that have directly supervised you and can be contacted) either as a separate file or on the CV; and
Two letters of reference
- Please note that for child protection purposes, the current supervisor must serve as a reference prior to hiring, although not necessarily at the point of application.
Please see the attached job posting for further details.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.