Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens who will contribute to the world through leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
The Communications Coordinator supports the planning, development and execution of GNS marketing and communication strategies to ensure they are meaningful, reflect brand values, connect with audiences across print and digital mediums, and solicit the desired stakeholder responses. Ensuring alignment with the school’s strategic plan, the Communications Coordinator will focus their efforts around two primary functions; capital campaign communications to support the school’s launch of a significant multi-year fundraising initiative; and additionally, providing targeted GNS marketing and communications support to engage current and prospective families.
Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the Communications Coordinator contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment and develops strong professional relationships with colleagues and external partners that support the GNS values of Truth, Courage, Caring, Individuality and Community.
Capital Campaign Communications
• Act as the liaison for capital campaign communications, ensuring alignment within the advancement department and the greater GNS community;
• Create, plan and execute internal and external communications related to the capital campaign, ensuring targeted messaging to various campaign audiences;
• Work with a third-party developer to build and maintain the capital campaign website, ensuring page content is regularly updated, remains relevant and engaging, and conforms to GNS policy as it relates to branding, content guidelines and privacy;
• Work with key stakeholders to develop marketing and communications materials for donor solicitation;
• Design and develop materials, signage and other media as required; may also work to coordinate projects with third party providers;
• Write speeches for key GNS stakeholders;
• Other relevant duties as it relates to the school’s capital campaign.
• Capture and document life at GNS via written, photographic and video content to be shared via various media platforms;
• Contribute stories and content to GNS News and other internal/external communications, while ensuring brand and quality control;
• Provide marketing and communication support for admissions and advancement related events and activities;
• Provide marketing and communications support to school staff to produce materials essential to the success of their programs;
• Assist in the design and production of marketing and communication materials, presentations and templates (electronic and print);
• Stay current on marketing and communications best practices among CAIS & ISABC schools; make recommendations based on findings and opportunities;
• Proof, edit and provide quality assurance for a wide variety of content submitted to the M&C department;
• Assist in the development of GNS videos by providing graphics, images, text layout, title slides and other creative elements that showcase life at GNS;
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or related field.
• Three to five years professional experience in print and digital communications with a track record of increasing responsibility and success;
• Experience with large-scale campaign and/or public relations communications preferred;
• Experience with speech writing, an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people;
• Must have exceptional written and editorial skills to produce concise and compelling communication pieces;
• Must be able to manage changing project priorities and effectively adapt to multiple and time sensitive deadlines;
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and strategies for use in digital marketing and community engagement;
• Strong desire to keep abreast of new social media tools, web technologies and digital marketing trends;
• Comprehensive knowledge of typography and design best practices;
• Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe design software, most specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
• Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut or similar product, an asset;
• Knowledge of videography, photography and photo editing, an asset;
• Experience with web publishing using a CMS, with exposure/comfort in HTML, an asset;
• Exceptional team player and willingness to participate and assist in other areas of Advancement, when necessary.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following site: https://easyapply.co/job/communications-coordinator-9?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: June 25, 2019.
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.