Building Services Worker
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
BUILDING SERVICES WORKER (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Building Services Worker. The hours of work are Monday – Friday from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
The Building Services Worker works with our Facilities team to keep our beautiful 17-acre campus and more than 100,000 sq. ft. of school facilities functioning well and looking their best, so that students have the foundation they need to learn and thrive. The position also plays a key role in ensuring school functions and fundraising events ‘go off without a hitch’ by participating in the setup and tear-down of rooms, monitoring the parking lot, and assisting parent volunteers. If you are motivated, ‘handy’, and happy working solo or as part of a team – this is the job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for on-going routine maintenance, this includes external and internal repairs of the school facilities
• Assist with larger facilities projects
• Responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of busses, topping up fluids and filling with gas as well as coordinating regular inspections and repairs
• Pick-up and delivery of supplies using school vehicles
• On occasion and as requested: available to unlock and disarm buildings in the morning; lock up and arm buildings in the evening; and respond to alarm calls
• Assist with school functions, fundraising event set-ups and school event parking lot duties
• Available to assist parent volunteers at fundraising events as needed
• Grade 12 diploma coupled with one year of varied practical hands on experience in building maintenance
• Building Services Certificate is an asset
• A general knowledge of repair techniques is an asset
• Personable and professional manner when representing the School to parents, students, staff and outside contractors and suppliers
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative school environment where each member of the Southridge community plays a role in advancing the vision, mission and goals of the School
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Competent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
• Versatility and flexibility are important, as is the ability to work well with minimum supervision and function as part of a team
• Knowledge of WorkSafe standards (including WHIMS)
• Reliable and dependable
• Willingness to put in extra time during peak periods of activity
• Ability to drive a car and a school bus, Class 5 driver’s license required
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and submit a current Driver’s Abstract.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online (Step 1) and submit your application (Step 2) by December 12, 2017.
For any questions relating to this position, or about employment at Southridge, email: email@example.com. To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.