Annual Appeal Manager
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring, and thriving community. As one of only fourteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity to help shape the future for our students and are seeking qualified applicants for the following role:
Annual Appeal Manager
Start: as soon as possible
The Manager of the Annual Appeal is responsible for the implementation, delivery and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of donor services and donor relations. This role fosters the growth of best practices in communication and solicitation strategies to develop and sustain a long-term philanthropic giving program for the School. The successful candidate must be a passionate ambassador and exemplify a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Head, develop an annual strategy plan with respect to fundraising, donor relations, stewardship programs, and special events.
- Identify fundraising targets and priorities for the Annual Fund; prepare and present regular reporting of progress results compared to targets and budget projections; provide regular updates to the Deputy Head on all aspects of the School’s Annual Fund program.
- Work with the Deputy Head, Senior Development Manager and M&C Department in the development and execution of marketing and communication plans in support of fundraising initiatives.
- Interpret and analyze reporting data; identify and cultivate potential donors and develop solicitation strategies to increase participation amongst the GNS community.
- Drive the school’s direct response and events based fundraising initiatives; personally reach out to, engage, cultivate and nurture long-term relationships with and directly solicit volunteers and prospects.
- Identify various activities that will increase engagement with the School.
- Regularly engage with donors ensuring recognition and follow up.
- Organize Annual Appeal events such as Annual Appeal Awareness Month and New Parent events and meetings; coordinate all logistical details to ensure a smooth and high impact event; and ensure all events adhere to event and brand standards.
- Manage the Advancement Ambassadors as it pertains to donor stewardship, planning and execution; identify, recruit and train Ambassadors to assist with various fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with signage and recognition as per donor agreements (i.e. installments, donor walls, donor recognition, etc.)
- Liaise with other organizations, attend meetings and keep abreast of current philanthropic practices and strategies.
- Serve as a key contact for prospective donors, community organizations, parents, alumni and media relations in support of fundraising goals.
- Manage the budget for the Annual Appeal.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or other related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, may be considered.
- Three years experience in direct response fundraising, donor solicitation and/or sales.
- Two- three years of experience planning high impact events.
- Experience in strategy development and planning.
- Experience with volunteer management, an asset.
- Current or former experience with GNS or familiarity with private/independent schools, an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with a leadership and interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated success in direct response fundraising and/or a strong aptitude in sales.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the School.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Familiarity with electronic engagement tools for solicitation purposes.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, build and implement constituency programs and activities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, combined with the skills to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to participate and assist in other areas of Advancement, when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of relational database software and records management.
- Familiarity with Mac, an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by Friday, April 27th by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/annual-appeal-manager?rcid=isabc
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.