Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring, and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community-minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We currently seek qualified applicants for the following opportunity:
Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Annual Appeal, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator will work independently and in collaboration with the GNS Advancement Office to develop, implement and coordinate alumni engagement initiatives.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator is responsible for managing the school’s alumni network locally, nationally, and internationally. They will showcase to alumni the tangible benefits of participating in programs that serve alumni, current students, and the school as a whole.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally with the purpose of engaging alumni and strengthening their connection to the School.
- Plan, organize and execute a series of high-value events that promote strategic partnerships between the School and its alumni to establish a strong culture of pride, loyalty, and philanthropy.
- Act as the first point of contact and be the face of the school for individuals seeking information about alumni activities.
- Identify and research alumni ensuring accurate and complete database records; research and profile alumni backgrounds, capture contact, biographical and career information and maintain applicable notes.
- Work with members of the Advancement team in support of GNS’s fundraising initiatives.
- Work with Marketing & Communications to ensure materials and various communication pieces are aligned with the GNS brand; manage the alumni email inbox, Facebook page, LinkedIn and other social media platforms meant to engage alumni.
- Support effective communications with alumni by managing mail and/or email campaigns related to alumni engagement; produce mailing lists, respond to inquiries etc.
- Support the University Counsellors to create the systems and structure that will support a strong Mentor Program for GNS students.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Head, educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in lifelong alumni activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head and other relevant duties as assigned.
- A University degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations and/or Communications.
- Experience in public / alumni relations, event planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with Glenlyon Norfolk School and/or private/independent schools an asset.
- Experience using social media as a strategic communications tool.
- Experience with volunteer management an asset.
- Experience in prospect research and using prospect research tools an asset.
- Experience with fundraising databases an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be results-driven and highly motivated with a leadership and interpersonal style that fosters collaborative relationships.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, to engage a diverse group of alumni spanning multiple generations.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement programs and activities that will engage alumni.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices an asset.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a strong knowledge of relational database software and records management such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Familiarity with Mac an asset.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link:https://easyapply.co/job/alumni-engagement-officer?rcid=isabc
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.