Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens in making positive differences in the world. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
The Admissions Coordinator works as part of a team to oversee all aspects of the admissions process in order to meet or exceed the school’s enrollment targets. This position counsels and advises domestic and international families and agents regarding the admissions process and develops strong professional relationships with various constituency groups to effectively represent GNS and grow the school’s pool of qualified candidates.
• Receive and respond to incoming inquiries about the School and its programs; review, screen and process all applications and supplemental materials and provide exceptional service in a timely manner;
• Prioritize mission appropriate applications in support of the strategic plan to ensure diversity, gender balance and class size maximums;
• Work as a member of the Admissions Committee to determine student admissibility and whether adapted programs are required;
• Support the development and monitoring of statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency;
• Participate in identifying strategies to best promote the school & communicate with prospective families;
• Organize testing, interviews and student led tours and shadow days; meet with families and schedule appointments with key personnel;
• Organize onsite and distance scholarship testing; invigilate, mark and evaluate admissions tests;
• Prepare all admissions related correspondence to agents and prospective families; and ensure all supplemental documentation is collected and fully completed;
• Perform recruitment travel to attend international education events, agent/student fairs, and to meet existing and prospective families (travel estimate 3-4weeks/year).
• Prepare and deliver presentations to groups and agents;
• Assist with managing the admissions and enrollment databases and track all relevant data and official documents, as per School policy;
• Work in close collaboration with the Registrar regarding new students, payments and all relevant files;
• Participate in and assist with Open Houses, parent events, orientations, agent events and other activities to promote the School;
• Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of student/family information is maintained.
• Provide coverage for advancement staff and other duties, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations and/or communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3 years experience in an admissions capacity, preferred;
• Minimum three years experience in a high volume administrative support position;
• Experience dealing with the international community, an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters strong relationships with a diverse group of people;
• Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service;
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong planning, organizational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of work;
• Must be systems oriented with excellent attention to detail;
• Empathy and sensitivity to other cultures and customs;
• Ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy;
• Strong database management and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
• Ability to speak a second or additional language(s), an asset;
• Ability to perform some travel, approximately 3-4 weeks per year;
• Familiarity with MAC, an asset.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/admissions-coordinator-40?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, June 21, 2019.
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.