Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through leadership, a commitment to service and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, Marketing and Communications, the Admissions Assistant works as part of a team to support the school’s admissions and marketing efforts in order to meet and exceed GNS’s enrollment targets. This position provides general administrative support, will liaise with prospective students and parents, and assist with admissions processing. This role will also support the coordination of various marketing initiatives and activities to increase student inquiries and applications locally.
Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the Admissions Assistant contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment and develops strong professional relationships with colleagues and external partners that support the GNS values of Truth, Courage, Caring, Individuality and Community.
• Provide exceptional service as a front line contact for GNS admissions; receive and respond to incoming inquiries about the School and its programs;
• Assist with applications and admissions related correspondence, ensuring all documentation is collected and fully completed in a timely manner;
• Assist with the planning and organization of various events such as open houses, parent events, orientations, agent events, and other activities to promote the School;
• In collaboration with the admissions team, contribute to the development of a community outreach program; work to identify and engage with community partners to increase visibility of the GNS brand;
• Organize and conduct testing, interviews and student led tours and shadow days;
• Organize onsite and distance academic testing; invigilate, mark and evaluate admissions tests;
• Assist with updating admissions and enrollment databases and tracking of relevant data and official documents, ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of student/family information is maintained;
• Ensure availability of print materials and packages for on-campus visitors; organize and ship print materials to partner recruitment agencies and to international recruitment events; keep partner agencies updated with current GNS digital materials;
• Work with the Accounting Manager regarding new students, payments and all relevant files;
• Provide coverage for admissions and advancement staff when necessary;
• Perform general administrative duties to support the admissions department;
• Other relevant duties, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations and/or communications, an asset
• Minimum three years experience in a customer service/sales role
• Minimum three years experience in a high volume administrative support role
• Experience in an education administration environment, an asset
• Experience dealing with the international community, an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters strong relationships with a diverse group of people
• Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong planning, organizational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of work
• Must be systems oriented with excellent attention to detail
• Empathy and sensitivity to other cultures and customs
• Ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy
• Strong database management and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to participate and assist in other areas of Advancement, when necessary
• Ability to speak a second or additional language(s), an asset
• Familiarity with Mac, an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following site: https://easyapply.co/job/admissions-assistant-9?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: June 25, 2019.
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.