Founded in 1996, West Point Grey Academy is an independent coeducational day school in Vancouver, BC. Set on 18 acres, with sweeping views of English Bay and the North Shore mountains, we offer future-focused programs to 940 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy.
POSITION: Admissions Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
CONTRACT PERIOD: Mid-October to Mid-March
This position is a key contributor to the WPGA Admissions Department by providing assistance with enrolment, events and special projects. The ideal candidate is an administrative professional with strong IT skills and high-level attention to detail. This is a contract position to provide the Admissions team with additional support during their peak period from mid-October to mid-March.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process applications
• Process supporting application documents
• Track key applicant information
• Keep candidate files up-to-date (hard copy and electronic)
• Disseminate information to the Admissions team
• Assist with the planning and execution of Admissions events such as school tours, assessment days and new student/parent orientations
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database entry
• Experience using OnBoard admissions database program an asset
• Knowledge of independent school environment an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills
• Support the vision and mission of WPGA
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and résumé, citing “Admissions Assistant” in the subject line, to WPGA Careers by October 1, 2017.