Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, British Columbia with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well-rounded students who have a love of learning, strong moral character, and confidence to make the world a better place.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships; fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning; and being a part of a great community that has fun and strives to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
SENIOR SCHOOL UNIVERSITY COUNSELLOR (FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the position of Senior School University Counsellor. This position is full-time (1.0 FTE) and will commence September 1, 2019.
Working as part of the school’s Student Support Services department, the University Counsellor is responsible for helping students evaluate and realize educational and career options while providing advice and support to students in university planning, selection and the application process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a counselling programme that informs, educates and advises students and parents in the university planning, selection and application process.
• Assist with the application process, resulting in admission to one or more of a students preferred university/college options.
• Emphasize and develop the ability of each student as a leader and primary decision-maker in the process of gaining university admission.
• Teach Career Education.
• In partnership with the Director of University Counselling coordinate and plan the summer internship program.
• As the Graduation Coordinator, plan and organize fundraising events while honoring school traditions.
• Training and experience in counselling Senior School students on university and college applications and criteria
• Experience with Canadian, US and UK university admissions procedures
• Eligibility for teacher certification in BC independent schools
• Familiarity with independent school culture
• Comfortable working in a technology rich environment
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections, build trust and rapport with students and parents
• Desire to help students achieve personal success
• Proven work ethic and a high level of integrity
• Excellent professionalism
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• High level of initiative, energy and motivation
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates may be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is February 18, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.