Senior School Personal Counselor
SENIOR SCHOOL PERSONAL COUNSELOR
Temporary Part-time (0.50 FTE) for April/May/June,
with possibility of extension in 2019/2020 school year
The Personal Counselling Team at SMUS is seeking a part-time Counsellor in the Senior School for the months of April, May and June. This is a term contract that has the possibility of renewal for the 2019-2020 school year.
The successful candidate will have the following Skills & Abilities:
● Excellent counselling skills
● Comprehensive understanding of Counselling Theories
● Case management skills (concrete examples will be necessary)
● Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a high functioning team
● Strong communication skills both verbal and written
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Evidence of excellent record keeping skills (written evidence to be provided)
● Strong sense of student advocacy
● Crisis management skills
● Strong commitment to ongoing professional learning
● A Masters Degree in Counselling
● Minimum of 5 years experience Counselling (preferably in a school setting)
● A solid understanding of the emotional and social development of youth
● Experience working with adolescents (minimum 5 years years)
● Proven ability in working effectively with teachers and parents
● A valid BC Teaching Certificate or equivalent (preferred)
Applicants are requested to supply a resume and cover letter outlining the candidate’s particular strengths, and how the candidate is well-suited to working in a rich academic program.
Please respond on or prior to March 22, 2019, to:
St Michaels University School
c/o Human Resources Department
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria BC V8S 4N3
SMUS receives many résumés and we regret that we are unable to respond on an individual basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Once a successful candidate is hired, the posting will be removed from our Current Opportunities page. Thank you for your interest in our school.
St. Michaels University School is a co-educational, boarding and day school with a global reputation for academic excellence. Students from all over the world are challenged and inspired among their peers in an environment of extraordinary faculty, students, programming and facilities.
Our graduates attend the top universities in the world, many of them on scholarships. The faculty culture of excellence is supported by healthy professional development resources and a dynamic program of professional growth, which has earned them national and international recognition, including several Prime Minister’s Teaching Awards.
The school pursues academic success in an environment where the character and the self also grow.
For more information about St. Michaels University School, please refer to the rest of our website.