JK-12 Library Technician
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We seek educators who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time JK-12 Library Technician to begin August 23, 2018.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and engaging educator who will demonstrate the ability to contribute to the many facets of school life. This position will require the successful candidate to work across two campuses, which are 7kms apart. The ability to relate, connect to and communicate with ages 4-18 is a must for this position. Working across two teacher-librarian teams, the library technician will also need to demonstrate a collaborative approach which will connect our two library programs in a meaningful way.
- Maintain computer-based circulation and cataloguing protocols across both the junior and senior campuses.
- Supporting the operations of the library, and working closely with our four teacher-librarians to create an engaged, welcoming and collaborative library space.
- Acquiring, cataloguing, distributing and circulating library resources.
- Assisting teacher-librarians and teachers in the gathering of materials and resources for research, curricular support, curricular enrichment and research skills.
- Assist the library teams in conducting inventory of resources
- Supporting the learning agenda of both the junior and senior campus libraries by ensuring efficient and effective systems for handling its resources.
- Library Technician Diploma is required
- Two years related experience is an asset
- Experience working with Follet Destiny (preferred), or another integrated library is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification system
- Good working knowledge and understanding of computers, Microsoft software and a variety of office and media equipment.
- Familiarity with the BC Curriculum is an asset.
Applications must be received by May 28th at 4:00pm
To apply to this job, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your 'job application log' once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.