Permanent Full Time
The Grounds Worker works within SMUS’s Building and Grounds Department. Reporting the Grounds Supervisor, responsible for a variety of semi-skilled and manual tasks related to the maintenance and development of the school grounds, properties and playing fields.
Hours of work are generally Monday to Friday. Work is physical and may include outdoors during inclement weather.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations
• Landscapes school grounds and properties
• Prunes trees, bushes, plants & shrubs
• Maintains grounds, including marking/lining playing fields, cutting and trimming grassed areas, weeding, irrigating, raking, shoveling and sweeping outside area
• Operates equipment such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, spreaders, small power tools, aerator, tractors.
• Snow removal and de-icing of walk ways
• Cleans work areas, equipment and tools
• Cleanliness of building entryways and hardscapes
• Performs duties in compliance with safety regulations
• Other duties as required
• This position requires a high school diploma along with five years' experience, preferably in an education system
• Basic mechanical skills for small motors
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
• Ability to work independently and as a positive and collaborative team member
• Basic computer skills
• Fully qualified to operate heavy duty equipment and tools.
• Valid BC Drivers’ license (Class 5)
Criminal Record Check
Must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children
An eligibility list may be established for future full or part time positions.
Please respond with a Cover Letter and Resume prior to February 25, 2018
St Michaels University School
C/O Human Resources Department
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria BC V8S 4N3