Meadowridge School is seeking a Graphic Designer that will be a major part of taking our overall brand and publications to the next level. As part of the Advancement team, you’ll provide graphic design support for our Admissions, Events, and Development Office as well as general support for the school.
You will help us to take our overall brand and publications to the next level. As part of the Advancement team, you’ll provide graphic design support for our Admissions, Events, and Development Office as well as general support for the school. Working within our Marketing and Communications team, a big part of your position will be coordinating and designing our major publications from start to finish. You will work with staff, teachers, students, and our parents from time-to-time on various design projects from posters to magazines to one-sheets.
You will get to work with an amazing team that values humour, great work, and finding new and better ways to do things.
Role Responsibilities including but not limited to
- Designing and production of marketing materials from concept to completion, including our Annual Report, magazines, calendar, brochures, strategic plan, campaign booklets, viewbooks, posters, and print and digital ads.
- Create and prepare files for print for internal and external printing
- Work with printers for quotes, proofing, and production of documents
- Meet with internal clients to determine the scope of projects and timeline
- Provide event support in the creation and printing of invitations, programs, posters, displays, and PowerPoint slides
- Assist with apparel and merchandise design for our Spirit Shop
- Provide social media graphics for a variety of platforms
- Photography of classroom and school activities
- Ensure the highest quality and brand consistency of projects
- Coordinate and execute print project mailings
Education & Experience Required
- Graphic Design Degree or Diploma
- Experience and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience in print publication layout and design
- Experience working with external printers
- Understanding of creating graphics for social media
- Understanding of basic communication principles and how to get a message across to various audiences
- Understanding of brand guidelines and working within them
- Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a tight-knit team environment (teamwork makes the dream work!)
- Flexible and adaptive, comfortable with change
Strong understanding of customer service and the importance of user experience
These would be a plus but are not required, so let us know if you can do the any of the following
- Illustration skills
- Web design/html/css
- Copywriting and editing
- Video production
We are a school so you should be comfortable working with and around children. A criminal record check is required for this position.
Meadowridge is an independent, co-educational day school offering an International Baccalaureate (IB) education to over 600 students ages 3 to 17 (Junior Kindergarten to Grade12), in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world-class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness. For more information about Meadowridge, please visit www.meadowridge.bc.ca.
Our mission is to “live well with others and for others in a just community”.
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, along with the names of at least two references and link to a professional portfolio of design work to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.