Facilities and Bus Custodian
Southridge School is a university preparatory day school located in south Surrey with 668 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 12. Founded in 1995 and having graduated our first class in 1999, we are a young but well established and very successful school, ranking consistently as a top school in the province. Southridge is a light-hearted place of serious purpose that develops well-rounded graduates with a deep sense of personal integrity who have the moral character, love of learning and self–confidence to realize their full potential. Our employees are aligned and have a shared sense of purpose as defined by our school's vision, mission and guiding principles. They believe in the value of teamwork and seek opportunities to shape and connect with our school community.
We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time Facilities Custodian position. The hours for this position are from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for on-going routine maintenance of all School properties
• Continual monitoring of buildings and grounds conditions to identify any areas that require attention and for issues that might affect the safety of the students and staff
• Perform minor repair/maintenance type tasks on a timely basis
• Inform Facilities Manager if outside contractors are required
• Assist with larger facilities projects, typically during school holidays, as coordinated by the Facilities Manager
• Responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of busses, topping up fluids and filling with gas as well as coordinating regular inspections and repairs
• Pick-up and delivery of supplies using school vehicles
• On occasion and as requested: available to unlock and disarm buildings in the morning; lock up and arm buildings in the evening; and respond to alarm calls
• Assist with school functions, fundraising event set-ups and school event parking lot duties
• Available to assist parent volunteers at fundraising events as needed
• Grade 12 diploma coupled with one year of varied practical hands on experience in building maintenance
• Building Services Certificate is an asset
• A general knowledge of repair techniques is an asset
• Personable and professional manner when representing the School to parents, students, staff and outside contractors and suppliers
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative school environment where each member of the Southridge community plays a role in advancing the vision, mission and goals of the school
• Good communication skills both written and verbal, combined with problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Competent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
• Versatility and flexibility are important, as is the ability to work well with minimum supervision and function as part of a team
• Observant and aware of what is happening in and around the school
• Reliable and dependable
• Willingness to put in extra time during peak periods of activity
• Ability to drive a car and a school bus, class 5 driver’s license required
• Knowledge of safe work practices
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and may be required to submit a current Driver’s Abstract.
Southridge accepts all applications online (Step 1). Please register or log into your account. The closing date is June 30, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.