Executive Assistant - Urban Academy
Urban Academy is a growing New Westminster Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 private school, moving into a new purpose-built facility to house both our Junior and Senior Schools in February. We value creativity, collaboration and the integration of arts, science and technology as a means through which we can offer excellence in education to a diverse school community. Urban Academy is in an exciting period of growth and is made up of a staff, students and families who are excited about the future of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
We are currently seeking to fill a full-time Executive Assistant position. While reporting to the Head of School, the successful applicant will work with all members of the management team including Finance, Admissions and Advancement.
General duties and responsibilities include:
• Executive administrative support for the Head of School
• Running of the school office
• Support for the administration of Admissions and Marketing departments
• Support for the developing Advancement Department
Skills required for the role:
• Great attention to detail
• Knowledge of Microsoft office suite including word, excel & PowerPoint
• Familiarity and knowledge of database management software
• Ability to manage highly confidential and delicate information
• Ability to work within a team environment supporting a number of different departments
• Strong ability to multitask and prioritize
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A diploma or certificate in Administration, Business or related field is an asset. Experience in IT, Administration and/or Human Resources coupled with a minimum of five (5) years directly related experience in an administrative role is required. Experience working in a school or non-profit organization is preferred and knowledge of the education sector is an asset.
The ideal candidate will have strong administrative, IT skills and customer service skills with the capacity and desire to work in an environment of children and a parent community. Application deadline of February 2nd 2019. Thank you for your application, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please email cover letter and resume to Ms. Kennedy, no phone calls please