Reporting To: Enrollment Coordinator
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Hours of Work: 8:30 am to 3:00 pm; 5 days per week Contract: September through June
Founded in 1996, West Point Grey Academy (WPGA) is an independent coeducational day school in Vancouver, BC. Set on 18 acres, with views of English Bay and the North Shore mountains, we offer future-focused programs to 940 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy.
This position is a key contributor to the WPGA Enrollment Department by providing assistance with the application process, events and special projects. The ideal candidate is an administrative professional with strong IT skills and high-level attention to detail. This is a full-time position to provide the Enrollment team with office, admission and marketing support throughout the school year.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process applications and supporting documents
- Handle inquiries and track applicant information
- Keep candidate files up-to-date (hard copy and electronic)
- Disseminate information to the Enrollment team
- Assist with the planning and execution of admission events such as school tours, assessment days and new student/parent orientations
- Build and manage department marketing activities and social media presence
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Strong communication and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database entry
- Experience using Enrollment Management database program an asset
- Knowledge of independent school environment an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Marketing and Communications experience an asset
- Support the vision and mission of WPGA
TO APPLY: Please forward your résumé and a cover letter to WPGA Careers citing “Enrollment Assistant” in the subject line. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.