Director of Enrolment
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for faculty and staff who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in their field.
We are seeking a Director of Enrolment to join our School. The Director is responsible for identifying and championing all admissions and enrolment management initiatives for the School. The successful candidate is a dynamic, collaborative, communicative, inspirational leader who is looking to become part of a vibrant learning community. You bring strong leadership, collaboration, and project management skills to this role. The position will start in late August 2019.
• Be a contributing member of the Senior Leadership Team
• Develop and implement an annual Strategic Enrolment Management Plan to identify goals and objectives that guide admissions and enrolment
• Provide leadership in enrolment management specifically, admissions, recruitment, and direct the process of attracting, enrolling, and retaining students
• Lead, mentor and manage the Admissions team of three staff across two campuses (Associate Director of Admissions, Admissions Officer and Admissions Coordinator)
• Support the Director of Financial Aid
• Create and manage annual Admissions budget
• Develop, implement and measure effective policies, procedures and standards
• Maintain comprehensive records and collect ongoing data for statistical purposes
• Lead the annual re-registration of 1140 potential, returning students
• Attract, vet and enrol on average 160 new students annually
• Facilitate assessment sessions on both campuses including: multiple Saturday and evening SSAT entrance exams; annual in-house benchmark SSAT; JK and Kindergarten Readiness Assessments; February Interview & Assessment Day; and numerous small-group and individual in-house assessments throughout the year
• Oversee in-person and Skype interviews with applicants and their parents
• Lead various Admissions Review Committees (“ARC”)
• Review, evaluate, and make decisions on JK-Grade 12 applications, along with support from ARC
• Advise and counsel current and prospective families regarding independent school admissions and enrolment matters including “right fit”
• Cultivate relationships with current parents and parents of prospective applicants
• Oversee collection of all required application documents and BCMOE enrolment documents
• Host events on both campuses including New Student Day events; three Open Houses; three Receptions for New Parents; Grade 7 transition evening; Grade 8 Course Scheduling Event for New Families; Spring Dinner & Show; Wentworth new family events
• Partner with the School’s Marketing & Communications Department to create an annual Ad Campaign aimed at promotion of the School through local and national print advertising campaigns, Facebook & Google presence, public signage, print collateral and other means
• Work collaboratively and frequently with members of various departments including the Director of Financial Aid, Business Office, University Guidance, Advancement, Marketing & Communications, Computer Services, Special Events
• Attend Board meetings, participate in strategic planning, and keep the Board apprised of admissions related metrics and trends
• Oversee the Ambassador Programs (students and parents)
• Any other related duties as assigned by the Head of School
• At minimum, an undergraduate degree in a related field
• 5-7 years of management of admissions, enrolment and/or financial aid in a school setting
• 5-7 years in a leadership role in education
• Demonstrated experience with strategic planning, project management and oversight of policies and procedures
• Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
• Proven leadership skills with a flexible and collaborative approach to working within a team
• Effective organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, and ability to meet deadlines
• Patience and a problem-solving approach to issues
• A strong goal and results orientation
• A high level of integrity and professionalism
• An ability to understand and report on goals and metrics
• A working knowledge of independent schools (an asset)
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement
• Self-motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by July 2, 2019 to Mary Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Director of Enrolment” in your Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.