DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (Fund-Raising)
BE THE FUTURE… BE BROCKTON!
Brockton School is a nondenominational coeducational Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, independent school, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia. Established in 2004, Brockton is a young and innovative, yet an established and successful school where student learning and personal experience are paramount. Brockton is an International Baccalaureate World School, and as a continuum school, is now authorized at the Primary, Middle, and Diploma Programme years.
Brockton is a member of the highly respected Independent School Association of BC (ISABC). Brockton's authentic and inclusive culture creates a welcoming and positive environment for teaching and learning. The school offers exceptional bursary and scholarship programs and engages a diverse community of students/families. The student body is engaged, inquisitive, and open-minded. Teachers/staff receive healthy and competitive compensation packages and have the joy of working with small class sizes, in a small school, and in a supportive, innovative, and collaborative environment. At Brockton, teaching is purpose-filled and the opportunity for personal and professional growth is ever-present. If you are seeking to be a part of something special, to be in a place where your voice will be heard and your impact valued, to be in a role that will allow you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others with multiple opportunities for advancement, then you should apply to BE THE FUTURE and BE a part of BROCKTON SCHOOL.
We welcome applications from dynamic and innovative individuals, who care about children and wish to inspire their meaningful growth in this dynamic and global world, are interested in working in an IB school, are keen to collaborate with colleagues in innovative practices, and who wish to participate fully in the life of the school.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in British Columbia.
Every Student Matters
Every Family Matters
Every Teacher Matters
Learning for Life Matters.
The following positions are available for expressions of interest.
2019/2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (Fund-Raising) - CONSULTANCY, PART, or FULL TIME (pending applicant qualifications and fit)
- University degree; Certified Fund-raising Executive (CFRE) qualification preferred.
- Experience working in an academic institution and/or not for profit is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to mentor and motivate others in meeting Development objectives.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated record of success raising funds at a major gift level is considered a key asset.
- Excellent presentation skills and writing ability.
- Strong communication and marketing experience that enables the individual to support an existing strong Marketing & Communications department.
- Effective collaboration skills that will support engagement with other stakeholders in the School/community.
- Competencies in the area of impact and influence through relationship building and networking.
- Strong organizational ability, creativity, and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be innovative and think outside the box regarding creative strategies to engage prospective donors and supporters for the School.
- Interest in being a part of a dynamic, visionary, and purpose-filled IB school community.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Reporting to the Head of School; working alongside the other areas of Advancement including Marketing & Communications and Admissions; and working alongside the Advancement Committee of the Board.
- Oversight and direction to the Development programs within the school
- Support in the creation, adoption, and implementation of a new Development Plan for Brockton School that aligns with the Schools Strategic, Financial, and Tactical Plans; the Development Plan will include, among other things, plans for a capital campaign.
- Guidance to the School regarding ethical and legal issues related to Development.
- Leadership and support in the preparation of written proposals and materials to support Advancement efforts including, but by no means limited to, the case for support and case statements.
- Creation of administrative policies and procedures of the Development Office to ensure operations meet the highest standards, including timely letters of thanks and accurate tax receipting for donations, the active & appropriate use of the School’s database, and the generation of reports for use by the Head of School and the Board.
- Work with the Head of School to develop the plans for progressive growth of operational staffing and resourcing, including onsite staff, consultants, and technology systems.
- Preparation and monitoring of the Development Department budget.
- Respect of privacy in all matters relating to the Advancement Office and School.
- Guidance and Leadership with the School volunteer program that provides direction to efforts and associated recognition strategies; ensures board members and other volunteers receive orientation, training, and support appropriate to their roles.
- Leadership and support in the area of prospect and donor research.
- Strategic and operational leadership in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, thanking, and recognizing donors.
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate records as well as gift and reporting processes/procedures.
- Management and preparation of Development reports to the Advancement Committee and the board, as well as legal/regulatory bodies.
- Creation of operational systems for gift processing, tracking results, and forecasting fundraising.
Please submit cover letter followed by resume as one attachment (MS Word or PDF format) and quote the reference #G015 in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open for applicants until successfully filled.