Director of Advancement
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 560 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) school and is an IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school. Southpointe also offers The College
Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10-12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Head of School the Director of Advancement is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of a diverse portfolio of fundraising initiatives to support the schools developmental needs. In this key Leadership role the Director of Advancement carries out their duties in keeping with the School’s mission, vision and values and the goals and objectives established by the Head of School (HOS) and Board of Governors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and implement the systems and processes required to carry out the School’s advancement function;
- Oversee all aspects of the donor cycle: donor engagement, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, managing the School’s prospect pipeline and existing and new donor base;
- Oversee and coordinate the School’s communications and marketing functions;
- Oversee and support an alumni relations strategy;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all School stakeholder groups;
- Lead the development of fundraising objectives and targets;
- Lead, mentor, develop and inspire the advancement team and volunteers;
- Lead major gift solicitation and provide training and support to volunteer cabinet members;
- Support the planning and executing of fundraising events;
- Ensure timely collection of pledges;
- Act as a full member of the School’s Leadership Team and work to achieve the mission, vision and values of the School.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- First-hand experience in cultivation, solicitation and negotiation of gifts
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising and alumni relations experience, with a track record of accomplishment in fundraising and alumni programme development and execution
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Cover Letter
Two letters of reference from past supervisors
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.