Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
CONTROLLER – FINANCE and OPERATIONS (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Controller.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance & Operations, the Controller is an integral part of the overall operation of Southridge and functions in a dynamic and changing environment. The position is largely involved with financial reporting, financial processes, management and administrative support. The Controller’s mandate is to ensure seamless service at all times and to continually review the Business Office operations for increased efficiencies in multiple areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full-cycle accounting responsibility leading to preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, creating commentary on significant transactions/account movements
• Preparation of various year-end schedules and analysis related to the year-end audit
• Support the annual budget process co-ordinating with various stakeholders and preparing Excel schedules and forecasts.
• Oversee the student billing process and manage past due student accounts as necessary.
• Creation of various ad hoc management reports and analysis as required to support the Executive Director of Finance and Operations and the Head of School
• Maintain Fixed Asset sub ledgers and continuity schedules
• Ensure all day-to-day activities are completed on a timely basis following up on any outstanding issues
• Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
• Professional Accounting designation with a minimum 5 years experience in full cycle accounting role with leadership responsibilities
• Ability to supervise and manage staff, delegate responsibilities, and provide positive guidance
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and principles
• Highly proficient in Excel and a good working knowledge with Microsoft Office and accounting software
• Self-motivated, self-directed & ready to take initiative with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
• Commitment to maintaining excellent communications with all stakeholders, both internal and external with the ability to present ideas confidently in presentations and writing
• Proven organizational and administrative skills including the ability to prioritize
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Experience working in the not-for-profit or charitable sector an asset, but not required
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is August 19, 2018.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.