King David High School is looking for a creative Communications Coordinator to help tell our story and raise our public profile by developing written, video, photo and social media communications. The successful candidate will write and coordinate content for weekly school newsletters, manage and update the school’s social media platforms, website, and school app, and assist in the creation of all collateral marketing materials. This individual should have a passion for working in the education sector with students and with the broader community and will execute a strategic communication plan, working closely with the Director of Admissions and Communication, and other members of the Leadership Team. The position is full time.
Who we are:
King David High School is a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and a CAIS candidate school. Our staff come from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David staff enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment. We collaborate to create a fun and caring learning environment where our students strive to reach their potential by setting high standards and working hard. King David High School nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
Requirements for the position:
- Passion for working in the education sector with students and with the broader community
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as excellence in both verbal and written communications
- Strong drive, initiative, work ethic, and commitment to school improvement
- Excellent project management, organizational, and reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms
- Working knowledge of HTML and content management services
- Knowledge of Google analytics, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, and other platforms would be an asset
- Comfortable using various social media outlets/interested in learning skills in new media as they emerge
- Understands pre-flight requirements and is familiar with working with commercial printers
- Skilled in video recording and photography an asset
Why work at King David:
- King David staff enjoy working in a warm, welcoming, modern and collegial environment
- Staff professional development is supported, both in and of school, through conference attendance and course and, or, workshop participation
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration that is committed to creating a safe, positive work and social work environment
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package with salaries above local public schools and with great extended benefits, pension and other perks
How to apply:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of people and you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to hear from you.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and references to Debbie Appelbaum, Director of Admissions and Communications.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.