Southpointe Academy, an independent, K-12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 560 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) school and is an IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school. Southpointe also offers The College
Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10-12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
The Athletics Director will ensure that all curricular and co-curricular programming supports the school’s mission and that all students are provided with an outstanding athletics programme.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Athletics Director position will commence August 1, 2019.
In addition to a teaching commitment the Athletics Director plans and implements the athletics programme at Southpointe Academy, including the Athletics Policy and Procedures. In keeping with the School’s mission, vision and values and the goals and objectives established by the Head of School (HOS) and Board of Governors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling athletic events, communicating with parents, teachers and students;
- Recruitment, management and supervision of coaching staff and officials
- Collaborate with staff and parent volunteers in the delivery of a well rounded athletics program
- Liaise with the transportation department to ensure that there is appropriate transportation to all athletics events
- Host and attend Athletic Director meetings
- Ensure compliance with; all School, National and Provincial Association policies, rules and regulations
- Successful completion of a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent;
- Experience in hosting athletic events;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- A self-motivated individual with a track record of success in a customer service oriented environment;
- Experience of working cooperatively with all members of the school community;
- Demonstrated attention to detail when managing budgets and completing contracts;
- Experience and proficiency using word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email applications;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Management experience (preferred).
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please review the Job Description for the position prior to submitting your application with the following supporting documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors
- Most recent teaching evaluation
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.