Associate Admissions Director
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionately been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
ASSOCIATE ADMISSIONS DIRECTOR (PERMANENT FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Associate Admissions Director.
The Associate Admissions Director is an integral part of the Admissions team, responsible to assist the Director of Admissions in attracting and retaining a dynamic and diverse population of students and families who will thrive in our learning environment and are aligned with our school culture.
The Associate Admissions Director works with the members of the Admissions team to provide exceptional service and support to all prospective and current members of our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment
• Interpret the school’s programs, offerings, mission and culture to prospective candidates and their families, primarily through personal interviews and tours
• Oversees applicant testing and assessment for Grades K-12
• Manage the annual re-enrollment process- tracking and analyzing attrition and retention
• Conduct statistical analysis of enrollment, financial aid, scholarships and attrition/retention to inform short- and long-term strategic planning
• Evaluate potential candidates in consultation with the Director of Enrollment Management and serve as a member of the Selection Committee
• Oversee the administration of the financial aid/bursary and scholarship programs
• Oversee admission content on school website
• Play a significant role in supporting and ensuring the success of major admissions events
• A bachelor’s degree in public relations, human resources, education, psychology or a related field or a certificate or diploma program and a minimum of five years’ experience
• High level of initiative, energy and motivation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving
• Advanced interviewing and communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and think strategically
• Experience with large scale events or projects and/or working with a volunteer base
• Ability to work positively as part of team and show leadership by supporting other members of the group
• Confidence working with data and statistical analysis
• Advanced computer technology skills in Microsoft Office suite
• Motivated by the demands of a fast-paced work environment
• An understanding of and alignment with the ethos/mission of the school
• Prior experience in admissions, an independent school environment and/or a knowledge of the Onboard (Blackbaud) admission module considered an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is September 26, 2018.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.