Alumni Relations Offier
Permanent Full Time, beginning November 2017
The Alumni Relations Officer is an integral part of the Engagement Team at SMUS, supporting a wide variety of alumni relations programs. Reporting to the Director, Annual Fund and Major Gifts, the Alumni Relations Officer will work to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in support of SMUS’ short- and long-term advancement goals and initiatives. Specifically, the Alumni Relations Officer is responsible for planning and implementing outreach programs, projects or signature events that strategically engage alumni in lifelong meaningful relationships with St. Michaels University School.
• Plan, implement, and promote high impact alumni programs that support the School’s strategic plan, in accordance with the alumni strategic plan.
• Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc. and maintain anecdotal notes, where appropriate.
• Establish, build, and maintain business and social networking relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
• Maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, the School’s alumni magazine, social media, and print publications.
• Develop and grow a strong mentorship program that connects alumni with both existing students and other alumni.
• Develop a stewardship program for senior alumni and for those alumni who have shown leadership, either through service, philanthropic support, or both.
• Ensure the existence and vibrant interconnectedness of reunion captains.
• Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in life-long alumni activities.
• Work closely with the SMUS Alumni Board and ensure strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and management teams.
• Other related duties
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, along with experience in
o Sage Millennium or a similar style of constituency database system
o Using social media as a strategic communication tool.
• Energetic self-starter who can work independently, and who can also thrive in a collaborative team environment
• Strong writing, planning and organizational skills, with particular strengths in managing details and multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong telephone manner
• Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
• Strong professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement, and build constituency programs and activities.
• Proficient user of MS Office
• Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of the School and being an alumnus of the School are assets to this position.
Please respond with a Cover Letter and Resume prior to October 13, 2017
St Michaels University School
C/O Human Resources Department
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria BC V8S 4N3