Advancement Services & Database Manager
Advancement Services & Database Manager
About Our School
Fraser Academy is an independent school serving students in grades 1-12 with dyslexia and language-based learning differences in Vancouver, BC. We are proud to provide a learner-centric environment with the most effective research-based methods to optimize personalized learning, cognitive development, and post secondary opportunities. For more information please visit us at www.fraseracademy.ca.
We are currently looking for an Advancement Services and Database Manager to join our dynamic team. This new and exciting position will support the Director of Advancement with building the School’s Advancement Office. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in an advancement or development role and have excellent data management skills. This is a role for a keen, go getter who wants to be part of a developing department!
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Position Summary and Mandate:
The purpose of this position is to support the Director of Advancement. This role requires proficiency in CRM (preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge 7) and will be responsible for the management and administration of the School’s database, and gift receipting. This position is also responsible for conducting prospect research, certain financial operations and tracking, providing analysis, generating key reports as well as certain other Advancement services.
Database Management and Fiscal & Donor Relations Administration:
● Processing and tracking donations, creating prompt, engaging donor acknowledgement communications.
● Performing monthly financial reconciliations.
● Generating pledge reminders as required.
● Controlling and managing the prompt issuance of donation receipts for tax purposes, ensuring proper documentations are available for reference and in accordance to the rules, regulations & guidelines of the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Liaises with Finance to produce projections, revenue actuals, reports and other documentation, including for audits, as needed.
● Keeps database operational and up-to-date at all times, including for constituent information, gift intentions, gift entries.
● Works with Director to ensure campaigns, appeals and other strategic initiatives are smoothly integrated with database.
● Provides training for Raiser’s Edge users within the office and school.
Other Related Reports & Information Management:
● Prepares and provides/creates queries, reports and (including for financial campaign progress, appeals and campaigns), dashboards, imports & exports, mailings (including producing target recipient lists for appeals and campaigns, direct mail merges & distributions, invitations), statistical analysis, etc.
● Oversee grant/matching gift documentation and prepares, & files, gift agreements.
● Present fiscal and development reports to Management (including for preparation of Board reports).
Research & Pipeline Management:
● Use online research tools; bring forward and utilize alternative research tools.
● Provide data mining and research on donors and prospects; able to present research in an end-user friendly fashion including for senior leadership.
● Supports pipeline management processes including presenting development pipeline reports to Management and Advancement staff to help informed fundraising.
● Ensure other staff supply and update prospect/donor information in RE records.
● Carrying out research and analysis on giving histories and patterns for these to determining philanthropic profiles including financial ability and capacity to make a gift.
● Works with the Director of Advancement (and others as needed) to identify effective prospect strategies.
Other Administration & Information Management:
● Maintains up to date knowledge of relevant CRA rules and regulations (will be the CRA “go to” in the team).
● Certain office manager type, and information management, duties, including establishing and maintaining good and organized filing system (including shared drives) and storage of key information (with related processes).
● Recommends, establishes and implements relevant Advancement procedures, systems, standards, and processes including solutions for accuracy, integrity and efficiency of these.
● Supports preparation of, and maintenance, of requisite Advancement policies and procedures.
● Assists at, and for, events as needed.
● Provides other administration services normal to an Advancement office and carries out additional duties as required.
Core Competencies and Skills:
● Self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness.
● Initiative and high degree of accountability. Takes ownership and possesses growth mindset.
● Committed to high standards, including exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
● Sound knowledge of CRA rules and regulations.
● Team player with positive, fun, “can do” attitude who can build authentic relationships.
● Exceptional client service skills and excellent written and oral communications skills.
● Financial acumen, including understanding of budgets and how to analyze financial data.
● Able to perform tasks efficiently with minimal supervision; reliable and committed to meeting deadlines.
● Solution driven and creative problem solver.
● Strong time management, planning, organizational and execution skills; capable of working in a fast paced, high functioning, performance & goal driven, environment, often managing competing priorities and high-volume workloads.
● Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
● Mastery of Raiser’s Edge 7 or other CRM database as well as Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, outlook, powerpoint).
● 4+ years previous experience in development/advancement (preferably in a school environment) in equivalent role.
● Experience in research and related tools, including creating customized profiles, reports and Crystal reports.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, or equivalent work experience required.
● Previous experience supporting active fundraising campaigns (capital and annual).
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Mr. Neil Johnston, Director of Advancement, c/o: Kane White Consulting via email: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!
Application Deadline: February 11, 2019