Admissions Office Manager
Queen Margaret's School is looking for a part-time Admissions Office Manager. The Admissions Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the administration of the Admissions Department.
All applicants for this position will be expected to have a Criminal Record Check initiated by Queen Margaret's School.
Candidates interested in joining the Queen Margaret's School community must embrace the ethos of an independent school education, develop positive relationships with all community members, and contribute to a collaborative learning community.
Please note that this opening will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Create a personal connection with the QMS community and develop an awareness and understanding of its unique culture by actively participating in events, programs and activities
- Oversee the Admissions Office file management process in keeping with the School's policies
- Coordinate the review of applicant files as required
- Collaborate with members of the Admissions Office to track data and evaluate all Admissions office activities to ensure that student recruitment and retention targets are being achieved
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing outreach initiatives and activities, including social media campaigns and directory listings
- Prepare and maintain relevant statistics on all aspects of the Admissions Office activities to generate reports and interpret data, as requested, for the Head of School
- Manage the re-registration process for re-enrolling students, identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Serve as the Admissions Office liaison to internal staff and stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Development & Alumni Affairs office, coordinate and administer the School's Ambassador program
- Provide coverage for on-campus tours and coordination of Open Houses, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The following are requirements for this position:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an office management function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- Proven experience working independently with limited direction
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications; training for other software programs will be provided
- Familiarity with databases
Preference will be given to candidates who also have the following skills and qualifications:
- Prior experience in an independent school environment would be an asset
- Experience with "Open Apply" software program
- Part-time (18 hours per week; 3 x 6 hour days)
- Generally works in an office environment
- Scheduling and completion of project work outside of regular office hours may be required
- Attendance at school and community events outside of the regular school day may be required
- Salary is inclusive of all hours worked