Administrative Assistant - Gift Processing
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We currently seek qualified applicants for the following opportunity:
Administrative Assistant, Gift Processing
Temporary, Part-time 0.5FTE position
Immediate start to June 30, 2018
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for gift processing and other admin support duties related to the School’s Advancement efforts. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values. Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the Administrative Assistant contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment, and facilitates strong professional relationships with the GNS community.
• Receive and process all incoming gifts to the School; follow all required procedures, produce receipts and coordinate recognition of gifts.
• Coordinate all necessary documentation for gift processing and ensure CRA guidelines are adhered to; work in close collaboration with the Finance Department to ensure accurate reporting.
• Update and manage all digital and hard database records ensuring that all constituent details are up-to-date and that changes and activity are accurately reported with supporting documentation.
• Extract, format and balance all monthly gift reports for the GNSS and GNSF Boards.
• Extract and format all year-end gift reports and prepare year-end analysis.
• Work closely with the Senior Development Manager and Annual Appeal Manager to support the coordination and organization of various events, meetings and other initiatives.
• Provide general office support to Admissions, Family Boarding, Marketing and Communications, and Alumni Relations, when necessary.
• Respond to various inquiries and concerns in a prompt and courteous manner ensuring exceptional customer service.
• Other duties as necessary to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Advancement office.
• High School diploma.
• Completion of an Office Administration certificate or diploma.
• Education related to English, Communications or other related discipline, an asset.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• Three years of experience in an administrative role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be results driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people.
• Must have exceptional attention to detail and a strong aptitude for working with numbers.
• Must possess high professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong command of Excel and other relational databases such as Raizer’s Edge.
• Ability to manage time effectively, especially in the face of regular interruptions.
• Ability to work independently on a number of assigned tasks.
• Willingness to learn and support all areas of the Advancement team.
• Familiarity with MAC, an asset.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a competitive total compensation package and the chance to be part of an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online via the following link: https://gethired.com/job/administrative-assistant-gift-processing?rcid=i... . Interviews will commence immediately however, this opportunity will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.