Administrative Assistant - Admissions
Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – ADMISSIONS (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant – Admissions.
The Admissions Assistant is a critical part of the Admissions team whose mandate is to serve and support prospective families with all aspects of the admission process from first inquiry to possible enrollment. We seek to provide a positive first impression and confidence navigating the critical task of finding the right fit for their child’s educational journey. This position provides administrative and event support for the Admissions Department. If you are detail-oriented and meticulous, with a helpful and positive attitude, this might be the position for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in support of the daily operations of the Admissions Department
• Builds strong relationships with both current and potential Southridge families through a commitment to exceptional customer service
• Manages electronic and/or paper files and records
• Updates and maintains department’s database
• Assists with the coordination of testing/assessing applicants
• Schedules family and student interviews
• Supports and attends all Admission-related events
• Coordinates parent volunteers for events and special projects
• Track and reconciles department’s budget expenditures
• Other duties as assigned
• Certificate or diploma in Office or Clerical Administration or a related discipline and/or 2-5 years of administrative experience
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Strong computer skills with proficiency working with Google products, and Microsoft Office Suite, and database systems
• High level of accuracy and efficiency in all areas of responsibility
• Experience with OnBoard Admissions database module is considered an asset
• Advanced planning and organizational skills including attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Motivated by the demands of a busy and fast-paced workplace environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a wide range of clientele
• Ability to work both collaboratively as a member of the Admissions team and independently with minimal supervision
• Available to put in extra time during peak periods, which may occasionally include evenings or weekends
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please create an account (or login to an existing one) online and submit your application by August 19, 2018.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.